Trade Counter Assistant - Headlam - Cambridge
15 November 2023
30 November 2023
About the company
Headlam is Europe’s largest floor covering distributer, with a long 30 year heritage, with many of our market leading businesses and brands within the group having been established well before becoming part of Headlam.
Our purpose, vision and values set out how we want to make a positive difference for our industry and wider sector, how we want to be seen and how we work together.
- Our purpose is creating great places for our communities to live work and play.
- Our vision is being the leading, most trusted experts in flooring.
- Our shared strategy is to deliver success, together
And we’ll deliver this by all our businesses working the Headlam Way – which are our shared values.
- Our shared value of always doing the right thing remains at our core – we treat people fairly and do business the right way.
- And our number one value is keeping each other safe and well. It’s vital that we all work safe and get home safely at the end of each day.
People are at the heart of our business and we have an unrivalled wealth of expertise and skills across the group, keeping our industry strong, relevant and rich with expertise and delivering for every customer.
About the Role
Providing support to the Trade Counter Manager in the day to day running of the trade counter and dealing with customers and suppliers face to face or over the telephone.
Specifically, you’ll be responsible for:
- Contributing to sales targets and KPIs.
- Ensuring customers are served efficiently and correctly.
- Providing courteous service and expert advice to customers.
- Conducting inventory checks, placing stock orders, and replenishing shelf stock.
- Receiving goods in, and maintaining a professional relationship with drivers.
- Ensuring the warehouse and trade area is clean, tidy and safe at all times.
- Keeping the trade counter secure, opening and closing the site and acting as key holder when required.
- Ensuring health & safety requirements are always maintained when on site
- Maintaining good relationships with suppliers.
This role will require the following;
- Computer / keyboard skills and ability to learn sales and ordering systems operation.
- Experience working in a trade, warehouse or retail operations environment.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Ability to build relationships.
- Good team working skills.
- Attention to detail and good standards.
- Manual handling skills
TO APPLY - YOU MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE UK.