Group Responsible Sourcing Lead - Coleshill
13 September 2023
Headlam Group Plc
30 September 2023
As the leading supplier of flooring products into the UK market, Headlam are looking to strengthen an already ambitious ESG strategy by adding a Group Responsible Sourcing Manager to the ESG team.
This role will play a critical part in supporting our Commercial teams across the UK providing essential insight into best practices on governance and sustainability within the supply chain.
You will take responsibility for supplier and manufacturer: onboarding, building relationships and the delivery of a future sustainable supply chain.
You will be a key stakeholder in developing and implementing our ESG strategy, working alongside our commercial, product and environmental teams ensuring our supply chain maintains and meet the standards set out in our Ethical Trading Code of Conduct.
- Manage the Headlam supply chain due diligence risk assessment process
- Manage the ethical compliance process across the Headlam Group and supply chain
- Ensure suppliers work and meet the brand ESG objectives
- Ensure risk materials are a negligible risk
- Identify new sourcing opportunities that improve our ESG credentials
- Work collaboratively with the commercial teams to ensure our ESG standards are maintained
- Provide the business with best practice processes on sourcing and ethical management
- Develop procedures and practices that maximises sourcing opportunities and mitigates risk
- Provide management reporting on ESG supply chain risk and performance
- Research, develop and support commercial teams on innovation and new opportunities to improve the existing ESG capability
- Manage relationships with SEDEX ensuring best practice is adopted on ethical audits
- Advise the business of future risks and implement suitable measures and process to mitigate exposure, keeping the business units updated and informed
- Minimum of 5 years in a similar role
- Clear and practical knowledge of managing ethical supply chains
- Full understanding of the ETI base code and ILO Labour Standards
- Well organized and ability to react quickly to incidents in a composed manner
- Interpret ethical audits and use facts and experience to make the right decision especially where information is ambiguous
- Previous experience of SEDEX including SMETA audits
- Project management and managing multiple stakeholders
Personal Skills & Qualities
- Calm and composed when dealing with sensitive information
- Natural problem solver
- Well organized and ability to manage multiple projects through clear & visible plans
- Excellent communicator and interpersonal skills
- Always prepared to do the right thing