Group Environment & Sustainability Partner - Coleshill
13 September 2023
Headlam Group Plc
30 September 2023
As the leading supplier of flooring products into the UK market, Headlam are looking to strengthen an already ambitious ESG strategy by adding a Group Environment & Sustainability Partner to the ESG team.
This role will play a critical part in supporting our Commercial teams across the UK providing essential insight into best practices on environment, governance and sustainability within the supply chain.
You will take responsibility for management of ISO 14001, waste management across the operation including customer takeback.
You will be a key stakeholder in developing and implementing our ESG strategy, working alongside our commercial, product and responsible sourcing teams ensuring our supply chain maintains and meet the standards set out in our Environmental & Sustainability Policies.
- Ensuring the delivery of the environmental policy and compliance with legislation and regulations
- Maintain ISO 14001 certification and management system
- Main point of contact with key stakeholders regarding ESG strategy on waste, carbon and environmental legislation
- Support Group Responsible Sourcing lead on best practice for supply chain partners on environmental and sustainable practices
- Help define & deliver the Headlam circular economy program using the sustainable by design concept, customer waste takeback and recycling partnerships
- Identify commercial opportunities to change waste to industry resources
- Support the Carbon reduction initiative with SBTi and 3rd party agencies
- Identify key environmental risks within the operation & supply chain and propose measures to mitigate
- Keep business informed of new / changes to regulations & legislation
- Manage Packaging and packaging waste data and EPR
- Work with commercial & product management teams to find sustainable alternatives to key risk materials
- Work with industry & government to ensure Headlam become recognized leaders on sustainability
- Minimum of 5 years in a similar role
- Clear and practical knowledge of managing IS0 14001
- ISO 14001 Lead auditor
- Clear understanding of waste regulations affecting industry
- Manufacturing, engineering or waste management background an advantage
- Can interpret and understand LCA’s & EPDs
- Project management and managing multiple stakeholders
Personal Skills & Qualities
- Calm and composed when dealing with sensitive information
- Natural problem solver
- Well organized and ability to manage multiple projects through clear & visible plans
- Excellent communicator and interpersonal skills
- Always prepared to do the right thing