Assistant Accountant - Headlam Group - Coleshill
17 January 2023
31 January 2023
||40 per week
|Working Pattern: (E.g. Monday-Friday)
||Monday to Friday
We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Account to support the Group Financial Controller with general PLC and Head Office financial activities.
Day to day activities include but are not limited to:
- Running of daily bank downloads, compilation of group bank balances and reporting on both of these. Set up/delete colleagues on Barclays banking software ready for authorisation.
- Report on daily sales.
- Cashbook processing and payments.
- Bank reconciliation – 5 Headlam Group Plc and 4 MCD Group Ltd/ HFD Ltd.
- Invoice processing for both Headlam Group Plc and HFD Ltd.
- Rebate analysis, chasing suppliers and cash allocation.
- Analysis of internal debit note claims, verifying correct branch claims and authorising the repayment to branches.
- London congestion charge collation and re-charging around the Group.
- Intergroup Transfers
- VAT returns
- Cover VAT deferment reconciliation during absence within the department
- Liaise with Financial Controllers around the Group where necessary.
- Provide auditors with access to the information they require
- Month end, and year end journal processing.
- Assist with the annual budgeting and year end process.
- AAT qualified or studying towards this or other accountancy qualification
- Accounts preparation knowledge
- Finance systems knowledge
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- An analytical mind
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal
- A keen eye for detail and desire to probe further into data
- Deadline-orientated and an ability to stick to time constraints
- The role holder must be organised and have the ability to pay close attention to detail
- Experience working with Senior Management